Sunday, August 2, 2015

Book Review- The Lies About Truth

I finished reading The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens last night for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Sadie Kingston, is a girl living in the aftermath. A year after surviving a car accident that killed her friend Trent and left her body and face scarred, she can’t move forward. The only person who seems to understand her is Trent’s brother, Max.

As Sadie begins to fall for Max, she's unsure if she is truly healed enough to be with him — even if Max is able to look at her scars and not shy away. But when the truth about the accident and subsequent events comes to light, Sadie has to decide if she can embrace the future or if she'll always be trapped in the past.


Wow I really got sucked into this book!  It's been quite a while since I've had to make myself put down a book and go to bed.

There were so many things I liked about this book.  It was such a sad and tragic story yet there was an underlying of Hope.  Sadie life was flipped upside down and she's grieving but going about it in the right way.  I loved her.  She was funny and sweet.  I loved her relationships with people--her parents were amazingly supportive, her relationship with Max was real and deep, her relationship with her friends--yes she had to learn how to forgive them but she knew she wanted to and took the steps to do it, even her relationship with her psychologist was real, not your typical misery and hate.  And I thought her outlook on her scars were refreshing too.  She's a teenager--she's going to try to hide them.  But I liked how she named them and embraced them privately and then slowly in public.

There were definitely some secrets that came on in the book.  A few that I had an idea about but a few that totally threw me for a loop.  

I enjoyed reading this book of Saide's journey to healing.  It was real and emotional and leaves you feeling hopeful.

I gave this book a rating of 4.5/5.

The Lies About Truth will be released on November 3, 2015.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment