Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Book Review- Tumble & Fall

I finished Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts last night for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

A novel about the end of days full of surprising beginnings

The world is living in the shadow of oncoming disaster. An asteroid is set to strike the earth in just one week’s time; catastrophe is unavoidable. The question isn’t how to save the world—the question is, what to do with the time that's left? Against this stark backdrop, three island teens wrestle with intertwining stories of love, friendship and family—all with the ultimate stakes at hand.

Alexandra Coutts's TUMBLE & FALL is a powerful story of courage, love, and hope at the end of the world.


An asteroid is about to strike the Earth?  That's a new one for me.  I thought it would  be interesting in reading how these teens spent their last days alive.  Buuuut  I'm not so sure it was really all that interesting.

The story is told from 3 points of view.  And each of those points of views had lots of characters in them.  So I kept getting everyone confused and would have to stop and think about it for a few minutes.  Not really what I wanted to have to do.

Caden--What a weird story ARC.  His deadbeat-dad/kidnapping-father buys him a prostitute on the last days of Earth.  Say what???  So unnecessary! And I didn't really care for him.  He seemed like a weak character.

Zan--Her story was interesting.  I definitely thought it was going to go one way, but it surprised me by going another.  Thank goodness.

Sienna--I felt for her and what she went through.  I liked her character except that she fell in love with this boy that she knew when she was 4 and then again just now.  I mean, I know that life is probably going to end and all.  But still, love?  It was a little much.

I love character driven stories, but I needed more in this novel.  Maybe it should have been broken up into 3 different sections of the book instead of switching back and forth between POVs.  And we never do find out if the asteroid hits the Earth.  I want to know, damn it!

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.


No comments:

Post a Comment