Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Book Review- Endlessly

I finished reading Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3) by Kiersten White tonight.

From Goodreads:

Kiersten White’s New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy comes to a breathless conclusion with a signature mix of wit, romance, paranormal creatures, and a truly original heroine.

In Endlessly, pink-loving, butt-kicking Evie has way too much on her to-do list. Paranormals are begging her to open a faerie gate so they can leave the human world, something Evie’s not sure she has the power to do. The Dark Queen is torturing humans and must be destroyed.

On top of all that, Evie’s prom is coming up. She’s not sure what to wear, and, oh, yeah, her shape-shifting boyfriend, Lend, has been cursed so that he falls into an enchanted sleep whenever he and Evie are in the same room…and even Evie’s ex-boyfriend, the faerie Reth, can’t reverse the dark magic.

An epic battle is looming, and the choices Evie makes will determine the fate of whole paranormal world—and her own life.


Paranormalcy was one of the first two series I was in love with when I first started my blog.  I just couldn't get over how much I loved the characters and the writing.  I even met Kiersten White one time (and yes, she's just as cool in person as you'd think she would be!).  I quickly read the second book as soon as could get my hands on it.  But I've been holding off on this third one.  Why?  I just didn't want to give it up.  I didn't want the series to end. (and yet in a way, that hurt me because it's been almost 4 years since I've read the second book in the series and while I remember loving it, I don't quite remember the details.  Oops!)

Anyways, I quickly fell in love with Evie again.  I just love her spunk and way of talking and thinking.  And yup, I still loved how she said "bleep" all of the time.  I even loved the secondary characters like Lend and Reth and Jack.  I did get confused with some of the talk about the different worlds and creatures.  But in the end, I found myself getting just little bit teary.  It all wrapped up so nicely and just how I'd want it to but there was just a touch of sadness to it. I was happy with how it ended yet sad because it was over.  It was completely bittersweet.

(And side note, once again the cover is absolutely gorgeous.  I would give my right arm for any of the dresses that is on the cover of these books!!)

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.


*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment