Thursday, April 17, 2014

Book Review- On the Fence

I finished reading On the Fence by Kasie West for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

She's a tomboy. He's the boy next door…

Charlie Reynolds can outrun, outscore, and outwit every boy she knows. But when it comes to being a girl, Charlie doesn't know the first thing about anything. So when she starts working at a chichi boutique to pay off a speeding ticket, she finds herself in a strange new world. To cope with the stress of her new reality, Charlie takes to spending nights chatting with her neighbor Braden through the fence between their yards. As she grows to depend on their nightly Fence Chats, she realizes she's got a bigger problem than speeding tickets-she's falling for Braden. She knows what it means to go for the win, but if spilling her secret means losing him for good, the stakes just got too high.

Fun, original, and endearing, On the Fence is a romantic comedy about finding yourself and finding love where you least expect.


I love reading about girls playing sports.  I'm a huge sports freak so this story was right up my alley.  But Charlie wasn't just a tomboy.  She did have a different side that she was just letting through.

I thought all the characters were great in this story.  I loved the family dynamic between Charlie and her brothers (although I did tend to forget which brother was which) as well as the boy-next-door who is around so much he acts like a brother.  I found myself cracking up at their antics with each other.  

I liked the love triangle.  Both guys were great guys--no bad guys here.  And I think Charlie ended up with the right guy.

There was also a small surprise about her past that came at the end but I had already guessed it.

I really enjoyed the writing style.  It just flowed so easily and I got absorbed in it.  Just what I needed in a book!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

On the Fence will be released on July 1, 2014.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment