Monday, December 23, 2013

Book Review- Poor Little Dead Girls

I just finished reading Poor Little Dead Girls by Lizzie Friend.

From Goodreads:

Perfect people aren't just born. They're made.

The first time she is blindfolded and kidnapped, star-athlete and posh boarding school newbie Sadie is terrified. She wakes up in a dark room surrounded by hushed whispers, hooded strangers, and a mysterious voice whispering not-so-sweet nothings in her ear.

But once the robes come off, she realizes it’s just an elaborate prank designed to induct her into the group that’s been pulling the strings at Keating Hall for generations. The circle has it all--incredible connections; fabulous parties; and, of course, an in with the brother society’s gorgeous pledges.

The instant popularity is enough to make Sadie forget about the unexplained marks on her body, the creepy ceremonial rituals, and the incident that befell one of her teammates the year before. So the next time Sadie is kidnapped, she isn’t scared, but she should be. The worst of Keating Hall is yet to come.


For some reason, I have a love of boarding schools.  I'm not sure why but I love reading stories about them.  So I knew I wanted to read this one.  And it sounded a little mysterious and spooky too which made it seem even better.

Right away I liked Sadie.  She wasn't your typical boarding school kid.  She got there through hard work and a scholarship.  Part of me thought she would turn into one of the stereotypes, but I'm glad she never did.

There were lots of little twists in the books.  People that I thought were going to be bad, weren't.  And reasonings behind the secret society were pretty intriguing, in a weird way. 

All in all, the book kept me entertained and interested the whole time!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge: 60
2013 ARC Reading Challenge: 37
2013 Debut Author Challenge: 10
2013 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 49
2013 Standalone Reading Challenge: 11
2013 Quick Fix Challenge: 25

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment