Sunday, October 27, 2013

Book Review- Racing Savannah

I finished Racing Savannah (Hundred Oaks #4) by Miranda Kenneally today for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

They’re from two different worlds.

He lives in the estate house, and she spends most of her time in the stables helping her father train horses. In fact, Savannah has always been much more comfortable around horses than boys. Especially boys like Jack Goodwin—cocky, popular and completely out of her league. She knows the rules: no mixing between the staff and the Goodwin family. But Jack has no such boundaries.

With her dream of becoming a horse jockey, Savannah isn’t exactly one to follow the rules either. She’s not going to let someone tell her a girl isn’t tough enough to race. Sure, it’s dangerous. Then again, so is dating Jack…


Usually I find the books in this series way too religious.  But I was happy when I realized that there wasn't a hint of any religion in this book.  Yay!  And it was by far my favorite of the series!

I loved the topic--horseback riding.  I've secretly always loved horses and wanted to learn how to ride them.  So this book was fascinating to me.  I loved reading about being a jockey.

And I loved Savannah (love the name too!)  Her humor was great and she was so strong even though she was raised in a way that I'm not used to--poor with college  not a given.  I'm still not exactly sold on Jack though.  He grew on me by the end, but during the story, I wasn't sure how he was going to turn out.

I really enjoyed this one!

Racing Savannah will be released on December 3, 2013

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge: 54
2013 ARC Reading Challenge: 32
2013 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 43
2013 Quick Fix Challenge: 22

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment