Saturday, July 6, 2013

Book Review- Never to Sleep

I finished reading Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers #5.5) by Rachel Vincent on Tuesday before I left for vacation.

From Goodreads:

Don't Close Your Eyes.

Sophie Cavanaugh is not going to let her freak of a cousin's strange psychiatric condition ruin high school for them both. Not after all the work she's put into cultivating the right look, and friends, and reputation. But then, Sophie sees something so frightening she lets out a blood-curdling scream--and finds herself stuck in a bizarre parallel world where nothing is safe and deadly creatures lurk just out of sight, waiting for her to close her eyes and sleep...forever.


Could this world be real? Or does insanity run in the family...?


After I finished the final book in the Soul Screamers series, I needed to go buy this novella.  It was the last one I had to read before I was done with the whole collection.

This was a nice look at how Sophie, Kaylee's cousin, came to discover the Netherworld.  And we get a closer look at how she's introduced to Luca.

I like reading about things from different points of view, so I enjoyed this novella.  I'm now done with the series. *sniff sniff*

I gave this book a rating of 3.5 out of 5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge : 33
2013 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 28
2013 Quick Fix Challenge: 15

*FTC Disclosure: I bought this book.

2 comments:

  1. Still haven't read the soul screamer series :( I have the first book on my shelves. I should read them. i love the cover of this book though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many series on my shelves that I need to start! But I definitely recommend this one!

    ReplyDelete