Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Book Review- On the Fringe

Early this morning I finished reading On the Fringe by Courtney King Walker for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Claire is struggling to overcome the murder of her childhood friend and secret crush, Daniel. Everyone else seems to be moving on with their lives, but she's still trying to cope. The fact that she finds herself alone and drowning on her 16th birthday isn't helping.

Neither is thinking she sees Daniel's face in murky water as she mysteriously resurfaces. But something happened during those four and a half minutes that will make her realize it was not just her imagination.

As Claire and Daniel try to grasp a possible reconnection, other grudge-holding beings have plans of their own. Now, the two of them have to decide if their fleeting relationship is worth the possibility of Claire being trapped on the fringe forever.

Beautifully told, On the Fringe intertwines fresh ideas about devotion, revenge, and the consequences that come with life and death.
 
On the Fringe is a ghost story and a mystery with a romance tied in.  I always wanted an older brother who had hot friends I could crush on.  But I had a younger brother whose friends just annoyed me.  Oh well!  Claire was lucky to have that kind of crush.  But I felt so bad for her when Daniel died..just when something was about to happen!  And the idea of having just a couple of minutes every night with a loved one is so bittersweet!
 
It was interesting to find out why Daniel died and why there was a ghost that was haunting Claire.  I definitely didn't see those coming.  There was definitely lots of action, especially at the end that had me not wanting to put the book down!  Luckily it was a quick read and I found my answers pretty fast! 
 
I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 118
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 96
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 30
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 96
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment