Monday, December 26, 2011

Book Review- The Little Prince

I just finished reading The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

From Amazon:

THE LITTLE PRINCE is French aviator Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's most famous novella. It has been translated into more than 190 languages and sold more than 200 million copies, making it one of the bestselling books ever.

The story, first published in 1943, is about a pilot who must make an emergency landing in the desert because of engine problems. This is ironic, since the author himself took off in a plane over the Mediterranean just a year later and was never seen or heard from again.

This timeless story has been adapted to various media over the decades, including stage, screen and operatic works.

I have heard so many great things about this book, but I never read it as a child.  So I finally decided to give it a try.  And unfortunately, I think I am too grown up for this book!  Which is sad to me.  And therefore, I can't really give a proper review!  I can see, though, where children would find this book enchanting!

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 A to Z Challenge: X (since I don't have any authors with first or last names that begin with X, I chose an author with X in his last name)
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 120
What's in a Name? 4 Challenge: Little

*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment