Thursday, September 8, 2011

Book Review- Fury

I finished reading Fury by Elizabeth Miles for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

It’s winter break in Ascension, Maine. The snow is falling and everything looks pristine and peaceful. But not all is as it seems...

Between cozy traditions and parties with her friends, Emily loves the holidays. And this year’s even better--the guy she’s been into for months is finally noticing her. But Em knows if she starts things with him, there’s no turning back. Because his girlfriend is Em’s best friend.

On the other side of town, Chase is having problems of his own. The stress of his home life is starting to take its toll, and his social life is unraveling. But that’s nothing compared to what’s really haunting him. Chase has done something cruel...something the perfect guy he pretends to be would never do. And it’s only a matter of time before he’s exposed.

In Ascension, mistakes can be deadly. And three girls—three beautiful, mysterious girls—are here to choose who will pay.

Em and Chase have been chosen.

I hadn't seen the best ratings on Fury, so I wasn't going in with high expectations.  Maybe that's why I enjoyed  it so much!

Immediately I was engrossed in the story.  Even though I am soooo against cheating, and I'm a super loyal person, I didn't hate Em.  Normally I hate her type of character but for some reason, I didn't hate her.  I felt so bad for her.  Guys can be such jerks!    Now Chase on the other hand had it coming to him.  I didn't really much like his character at all.  Too much of player.  And to fall for Ty that quickly and intensely.  Yikes.  You just knew it was going to end badly.

And it kept me intrigued.  I knew the three girls, Ty, Ali, and Meg were bad but I couldn't figure out why.  And the ending definitely leaves you hanging.  I want to know what is going to happen next with Em and the Furies!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 81
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 65
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 21
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 63

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment