Sunday, October 31, 2010

Book Review- All Together Dead

I just finished reading All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris.

From Goodreads:

Betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse must now not only deal with a possible new man in her life-the oh-so-handsome shapeshifter Quinn-but also contend with a long-planned vampire summit. With her power base weakened by hurricane damage to New Orleans, the local vampire queen is vulnerable to those hungry for a takeover. Soon, Sookie must decide what side she'll stand with. And her choice may mean the difference between survival and all-out catastrophe.

This book seemed very dark to me.  Not that the Sookie Stackhouse books are normally light or anything, but this one just seemed even more sinister.  Maybe because it's easy to make a connection between 9/11 and the catastrophe in this story.  And maybe because it was so easy to see the resemblence, I actually felt for Sookie.  Normally she's just a character to me.  I never really got invested in her.  But in this story I did.  I felt bad for her and I felt her pain.  It seemed a little too real.  I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series, From Dead to Worse.

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge: All Together Dead
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 145

*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment