Friday, October 23, 2009

Book Review-Viola in Reel Life

I just finished reading Viola in Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani for a review for TeensReadToo.

Viola Chesterson has been "dumped" in the Prefect Academy for Young Women in South Bend Indiana--a long way from home in Brooklyn, New York. Her freshman year of high school seems like it's going to be a terrible one. But luckily, with the help of her 3 roommates and the video camera that she always carries around with her, she not only survives the year (and her first boyfriend), but learns that sometimes family can be more than just the people you're related too.

I enjoyed reading this book. It was fun to read about what boarding school life would be like for a normal kid, not just a rich one. I liked all of the roommates--when I first started the book, I expected them to not get along and to dislike the roommates. But the author took a different route and made all of the girls nice and get along. I also liked the whole film aspect of the story. I thought the short film Viola makes at the end was a great idea. The only thing I didn't like was sometimes Viola seemed a little immature. I know that she was only fourteen years old, but some of the things she thought and said just seemed a little young for her age. Overall, this was a fun, young adult read!

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book was provided by TeensReadToo for a book review.

No comments:

Post a Comment