Saturday, January 24, 2009

Book Review- The Silver Moon Elm


I just finished The Silver Moon Elm by MaryJanice Davidson and Anthony Alongi. This is the third book in The Jennifer Scales series.

From the back cover:

As a weredragon I felt like I was from another universe. Now I'm actually in one-- and I see how good I really had it...

I was just starting to get comfortable in my own skin--scaly as it is. I should have known that ever since I found out I'm half weredragon and half beaststalker, things don't stay normal for long.

Following through on a promise I made my mom, I took her to Crescent Valley, where my dad and I take refuge with the other weredragons. There we met Xavier Longtail, a powerful elder dragon who doesn't belive peaceful coexistence is possible. And I started to think he was right, with all the trouble he stirred up in my family. We were all fighting and I wanted to just run or fly away... until my ex, Skip, came to my rescue and whisked me away to the movies.

That's where I fell asleep and woke up to the sight of my hometown being overrun my wereachnids. Weredragons are long extinct..except for myself, of course, and the ominous Xavier Longtail. It's up to us to return the universe to normal. Can we trust each other enough to pull it off--or are we really the last of the dying breed?

I'm still not sure how I feel about these books. The main character, Jennifer, just seems so mean at times and I can't really relate to her. Not that I can relate to a weredragon or anything, but even when I was in the middle of my teenage angst years, I don't remember being that mean. And the whole book is just too sci-fi for me.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fullfills the items for the following challenge:

Paranormal 999 Challenge: Dragons (can also be used as were-animals)

A to Z Reading Challenge: T

No comments:

Post a Comment